GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
At Durham Islamic Centre, our goal is to:
- Establish bridges and create unity between the Muslim community members and the rest of the community.
- Assist the community in answering any religious questions.
- Provide family and marriage counseling to resolve family matters.
- Hold meetings & discussions with youth and allow them to bring up their concerns and issues.
- Hold interfaith meetings to promote dawah activities in the community.
- Conduct workshops for new Muslims.
- Organize religious, and educational meetings for the members of the community.
- Marriage and Matrimonial Services to assist in choosing spouses
- Conduct workshops related to everyday issues (Anger management, smoking, drugs, moral corruption) to assist the community
- Revive the spirit of good citizenship, brotherhood/sisterhood and good behavior.
- Work in cooperative projects with other organizations and institutions in the community.
- Work toward correcting the image of Islam amongst non-Muslims and remove the suspicions that some may hold about Muslims.
- Promote openness and inclusion by various activities of sports, dialogue and community interaction
- Support and create awareness about tolerance, peace and diversity.
- Create opportunities of engaging youth to promote green concepts and protect environment.